- Hong Kong democrats fight to stop Chinese dictator from breaking agreement to keep Hong Kong free
- “Not in your backyard!!!” says snooty condo developer to affordable housing project
- Lawrie McFarlane: Message from Brexit to EU – go back to being a tariff-free zone – not a government
- Bill Cleverley: Victorians fed up with Mayor’s costly bike bias
- Former kop watchdog believes kops shouldn’t police kops
- Vancouver Land Developer reveals plans for continuing uglification of Victoria’s Harbour
- B.C. Government and Museum take down Victoria’s iconic Thunderbird Park totem poles – forget to replace them
- Steve Wallace: The hazards mall parking lots are loaded with
- To cure judges’ wet noodle approach to impaired driving – B.C. abolished your right to trial – made kops both judge and jury – kops acted like kops in a police state!!!
- Block-headed Conservative Senator riles up Senate independents and breathes new life into Trudeau’s Western Canada oil blockade
- Trudeau’s Munich moment – publicly quivers – begs to meet with Chinese dictator
- Victoria’s Harbour Air – North America’s seaplane airline – converting to 100% electric power
This week’s news from Sri Lanka and Saudi Arabia got me thinking aplenty about religion and religious leaders. William the Conquerer made his brother Odo a bishop. Odo – being a Christian Bishop – could not carry a sword. Pope Alexander II – the first undemocratically elected pope – allowed Odo could use a large club – which the Pope Christened “The Holy Ghost” – to beat the brains out of many an Anglo Saxon at the Battle of Hastings. Odo commissioned an illustrated history of the battle – The Bayeux Tapestry – preserved miraculously and now on display at Bayeux in Normandy. William stole Dover Castle and the entire County of Kent – handed it over to to Odo. Odo stole plenty himself – even from his brother the Conqueror. Odo was a marketing genius and probably invented Purgatory. We don’t know if Odo messed with women. The Tapestry is beautiful and even a cynic would say that Odo did (some) good. god rest Odo in Holy Peace. amen.
Jason Kenney put Humpty Dumpty together again. Once Kenney united the Right – the writing was on the wall – but only pudgy little disciplined political genius Jason Kenney. Since Sir John A. Macdonald – maybe William MacKenzie King (he resembles King but is a better speaker and has a smaller ego) – no politician has matched him.
One wonders who was he oil patch genius who financed the Wild Rose Party in the first place. Oil companies should stay away from political intrigue and politicians should stay away from oil companies. Once Big Oil handed Right-Wing big bucks, Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall and only a political genius could put him together again.