- Quebecers may sympathize with Trudeau about SNC Lavalin
- Greener Greens protest Climate Barbie
- Did the NDP wash out B.C.’s Taxi Oligopoly (a cross between a full-fledged monopoly and a scoundrels’ agreement) and put it out to dry??
- McNamara’s Folly the digit-headed obsession with numbers that defeated America in the Vietnam War and has polluted medical research – Royal College of Physicians Report – The first step is to measure whatever can be easily measured. This is OK as far as it goes. The second step is to disregard that which can’t be easily measured or to give it an arbitrary quantitative value. This is artificial and misleading. The third step is to presume that what can’t be measured easily really isn’t important. This is blindness. The fourth step is to say that what can’t be easily measured really doesn’t exist. This is suicide.
- Senior experienced bicyclist – Victoria bicyclists need to be trained and licensed
- Trudeau nowhere to be seen as Foreign Minister Freeland supports Hong Kong independence and Trudeau’s beloved China threatens Canada
- Officials say jail took Jeffrey Epstein off Suicide Watch – Epstein hung himself with his bed sheet
- Icily – Greenland leaves Trump waiting at the altar
- Trudeau finally gives women equality under the detested Indian Act
- Quebec NDP MP switches to Green Party
- Free as birds, 250 + drug peddling, murdering Hells’s Angels strut through Vancouver area funeral
- Federal government will build all weather highway from Yellowknife to Arctic Coast
- Clothing manufacturers move sweatshops to Africa
- Irving Empire gets $500 Million for Federal naval contract – profits go to the tax free Bahamas
- Ready Mix packed barge celebrates Construction Lobby victory to build billion dollar unneeded Victoria sewage plant
- B.C. Booboisie Establishment attacks NDP worker safety program
- Accused drug peddler arrested for third time on way to music festival … Overdoses shoot up in Victoria … It’s almost impossible for Victoria addicts to quit … Methadone doesn’t unaddict addicts … Victoria overdoses double
This week’s news from Sri Lanka and Saudi Arabia got me thinking aplenty about religion and religious leaders. William the Conquerer made his brother Odo a bishop. Odo – being a Christian Bishop – could not carry a sword. Pope Alexander II – the first undemocratically elected pope – allowed Odo could use a large club – which the Pope Christened “The Holy Ghost” – to beat the brains out of many an Anglo Saxon at the Battle of Hastings. Odo commissioned an illustrated history of the battle – The Bayeux Tapestry – preserved miraculously and now on display at Bayeux in Normandy. William stole Dover Castle and the entire County of Kent – handed it over to to Odo. Odo stole plenty himself – even from his brother the Conqueror. Odo was a marketing genius and probably invented Purgatory. We don’t know if Odo messed with women. The Tapestry is beautiful and even a cynic would say that Odo did (some) good. god rest Odo in Holy Peace. amen.
Jason Kenney put Humpty Dumpty together again. Once Kenney united the Right – the writing was on the wall – but only pudgy little disciplined political genius Jason Kenney. Since Sir John A. Macdonald – maybe William MacKenzie King (he resembles King but is a better speaker and has a smaller ego) – no politician has matched him.
One wonders who was he oil patch genius who financed the Wild Rose Party in the first place. Oil companies should stay away from political intrigue and politicians should stay away from oil companies. Once Big Oil handed Right-Wing big bucks, Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall and only a political genius could put him together again.