Alberta Nazi Thugs Harass Canada’s Tiny Deputy Leader Chrystia Freeland – Albertans and Canadians of All Parties and Stripes Stand Up Support Freeland
Some Addicts Wait 100+ Days for Detox
Dungeness Crabs, Oysters have Feelings claim experts
More B.C.ers speak Mandarin than speak French
Before COVID-19 struck, every cruise ship that lumbered into Victoria Harbour paid to Victoria’s Greater Victoria Harbour Authority – directly – a hefty fee – that’s where the Authority got 70% of its revenues. COVID shut down cruise-ships and the Authority is insolvent and desperately attempting to persuade the U.S. Government to force U.S.-based cruise ships to dock at Victoria after COVID is over. The Authority is whistling in the wind says Paul Servos, a former manager and CEO of the Authority … https://www.timescolonist.com/opinion/op-ed/comment-our-new-reality-is-fewer-cruise-ship-visits-that-s-not-necessarily-a-bad-thing-1.24362991 in an op/ed that, amazingly, the Victoria Times Colonist published earlier this month. The Times Colonist later published a raft of letters to the editor against the cruise-ship industry and not one letter supporting it.
Servos painted a realistic picture of the Authority’s love affair with the cruise-ship industry. He pointed out that the industry – as far as Victoria is concerned is built upon a house of cards that’s bound to collapse.
Servos didn’t say whether or not the ships ever contributed much — if anything — to Victoria’s economy.
The cruise ship industry has always claimed they brought tremendous benefits to Victoria, but their boosters and Victoria’s movers and shakers have never bothered to question their claims. The Authority’s mini-empire did get paid from every cruise ship that docked in Victoria and the Authority spent the fees like a drunken sailor.
Now it’s time to face the fact that tourism is Victoria’s life blood and it’s time to do something for it. Tourists come here to savour Victoria’s harbour and heritage buildings (not to gape at the ugly skyscrapers city planners insist on foisting on us). If the planners and their buddies, real estate developers and speculators, have their way they’ll turn Victoria into a two-bit copy of Chicago. It’s time to stop lobbying the U.S. government and starting to clean up Victoria and her heritage.
What we need is not s committee of movers and shakers bowing and scraping to planners, developer/speculators and cruise-ship companies but a first-class leader who can step out of the box and inspire and rebuild historical heritage and inspire Victorians – the way Mayor Peter Pollen did in the 70s and 80s.
- Victoria starved for doctors … B.C. NDP builds B.C.’s biggest government-run-health-care-clinic in downtown Victoria staffed with doctors … dysfunctional Doctors’ Union complains about clinic competing with doctors … Read MORE
- “It’s all about the money” – Olympic bosses recklessly open the Tokyo Olympics in face of COIVID … Read MORE
- Wildfires surge … B.C. NDP finally declares a “State Of Emergency” … Read MORE … Former B.C. cabinet minister George Abbott explains “States of Emergency” … LISTEN … to join the battle, firefighters stream in … Trudeau sends in the airforce and the army … Read MORE
- B.C. NDP finances search for First Nation Residential School and Segreated Hospital graves … Read MORE
- Canadians want all visitors to prove they’ve been fully vaccinated … Read MORE
- U.S. orders border with Canada to stay closed until August 21 … Read MORE
- Trudeau Liberals let fully vaccinated Americans cross Canadian border: rest of the planet … other fully vaccinated foreigners starting September 7 … Read MORE
B.C. has stayed in Canada for 150 years … The Korrectness Kops step in … Read MORE
- Annals of Canadian Disfunction: Trudeau appoints a Governor General who can’t speak French … Read MORE … CBC published this story as their lead story mid-day on July 19 … quickly buried it The Governor General is Canada’s so-called “Chief of State” … they should be elected democratically!!!
Trumpzi January 6 rioter pleads he got carried away … Judge feels for him – sentences him to jail for eight months … Read MORE
- U.S. drags herself out of Afghanistan – the “Graveyard of Empires” … Read … and … the history of Afghanistan
- YOU’VE HEARD CBC’S WORD GUY – JONATHAN BEROWITZ – NOW YOU CAN READ HIM …. “THE WHIRL OF WORDS”
- Victoria Times Colonist describes how cutting trees helps a West Vancouver Island First Nation … Read MORE
- If mobs harass celebrities, celebrities should try Jean Chretien’s “Shawinigan Handshake” … Read MORE
- Three vaccinated Texas Democrats catch COVID!!! … Read MORE
- Pro-Communist Cubans demonstrate for government … Read MORE
Island Health boss says it’s a must to make health employess vaccinate … but that takes guts … B.C.’s Premier Horgan won’t force vaccinations on hospital workers or even test them for COVID … Read MORE
- Victoria City Council moves forward uglification of Cook Street Village with Vancouver Developer’s non-affordable condos … Read MORE … and … Vancouver Developer demolishing 1861 harbour-side Gold Rush warehouses … Read MORE
- The history of vaccination … READ
- Cruise ships may return to Victoria … Read MORE … if the U.S. Congress forces Alaska cruises to stop in Canada … if cruise lines survive COVID!!!
- Victoria City planners labour to push through a Toronto developer’s Chicago North skyscraper plan … Read MORE
- Canadian Forces charge Canada’s former military boss with “obstructing justice” … Read MORE
- Ontario’s right-wing premier prohibits vaccine passports … Read MORE
- First Nation Korrectnees Kops kick Victoria’s City Councillor Ben Issit off executive position in regional government … Read MORE
- Cruise Line won’t board passengers without vaccination passports … Florida’s fanatic right-wing governor passes law to force cruise ships to take passengers without passports … cruise ship company sues Florida … Read MORE
- Canada, B.C. and the City of Victoria and – of course – greedy developers have allowed affordable housing to go to hell in a hand-basket … Read MORE
- All Cuba erupts with most powerful demonstrations ever … Read MORE
- Crane collapses in Kelowna B.C. kills “multiple” workers … Read MORE … this tragedy took place in Kelowna in the Western Provinces on July 12 – not in Toronto – and the CBC – therefore – didn’t report it as its lead story
- French President kicks all unvaccinated Frenchmen out of cafes … vaccinations soar ,,, Read MORE
- First Nation finds 160 graves hidden near a Catholic residential school in B.C.’s Gulf Islands … Read MORE
- Trudeau pours big bucks into tourism … Read MORE
- Private detectives can follow me but – a “human rights lawyer” claims that they can’t follow the Chief Justice of Manitoba … Read MORE … Is the job of “human rights lawyers” to make Canada safe for judicial feudalism?
- Alberta’s fat, dumpy little premier doesn’t look much like a cowboy and lacks horse sense but Jason Kenney wears a big white Stetson to the Calgary Stampede … prohibits vaccination passports … Read MORE
- A dangerous, out-of-contol antimask nut from Ontario pleads guilty to harassment and threat-mongering but a Calgary lower court judge allows him a few days to move to Calgary before sentencing him … Read MORE … who ever appointed the judge must have made certain he was totally free of common sense
- Canada’s Finance Minister signs on to a global minimum tax … Read MORE … which will put big-shot tax haven cheaters like the Irvings’ – the kings of New Brunswick – out of business
- Chickens come home to roost for Langford B.C.’s anti-Regulation City Council … they’re sued by an empty building owner for negligence … Read MORE
- For years B.C. hasn’t found enough family doctors … Read MORE … the Doctors’ Union (AKA “The B.C. College of Physicians and Surgeons”) jealously guard all things medical in B.C. … they’ve struck out
- Trudeau Liberals dilly-dally …skyrocket Big Pharma drug prices up 1,400% … Read MORE
- No one knew – in 1940 -Winston Churchill feared Hitler would invade England … shipped all the Bank of England’s gold and treasure across the North Atlantic to Canada – easier said than done but Britons and Canadians did it … and no one knew … Read MORE
- Quebec moves swiftly to a vaccine passport … but – unbelievably – B.C. NDP is a passport denier!!! … Read MORE … and … MORE
The Korrectness Kops liquidate the gypsy moth … Read MORE
- Did Big Pharma use monkey business to certify Alzheimer’s drug? … Read MORE
- Two Seattle Kops part of January 6 Trumpzi uprising … Read MORE
- Former First Nation Federal Justice Chief calls Canadian Parliament “toxic”, quits … Read MORE
- B.C. thaws COVID restriction in Old Folks Homes … Read MORE
- NDP government makes B.C. the first province to bring in $10-a-day child care … Read MORE
Langford B.C.’s RedNeck City Council wants to do away with architects … B.C. Court of Appeal gives Langford the thumbs down … Read MORE
- Trudeau Liberals – beholden to Bay Street – allow Canadian railways to endanger Fraser Valley communities … First Nations may step in … Read MORE
- Korrectness Kops liquidate 38-year CBC veteran Wendy Mesley … Read MORE
- Biden cracks down on corporations that try to build monopolies using no-competition clauses and single-source equipment repairs – and on airline passenger abuse … Read MORE
- Iceland shifts – without effort or cost – to a 35-hour week … Read MORE
Justin Trudeau appoints formidable Inuit leader Mary Simon Canada’s Governor General … Read MORE
- The U.S. Declaration of Independence … LISTEN
- Trudeau and the Canadian bureaucracy try to take over Canadian democracy … Read MORE
- Wildfires catch the B.C. NDP with pants down … Read MORE
- Cruise ships paid 70% of their income but Victoria Harbour bosses study the economic impact of everything except cruise ships … Read MORE
YOU’VE HEARD CBC’S WORD GUY – JONATHAN BEROWITZ – NOW YOU CAN READ HIM …. “THE WHIRL OF WORDS“
- Vancouver Island’s HEEHAW Heath did something very right – defied Doctors’ Union … brought in electonic health files … cut errors … saved lives … Read MORE
- 70% of Canadian bosses will use “contract workers” to scab their workers’ rights … Read MORE
- New York District Attorney claims Trump’s lead bean-counter and Trump’s company fraudulently hid payments to the bean-counter then deducted them to reduce tax … Read MORE … Will the bean-counter blow the whistle on Trump?
- 29% of Canadians broke COVID Rules … Read MORE
- Temperature soars to 50°C (122°F) – consumes Lytton, B.C. (population 250) … Read MORE
- Kops charge him with peddling cocaine but Establishment Victoria Times Colonist WON’T NAME HIM … Read MORE … Is Daddy a big shot?
- Trudeau Liberals cave in to Big Pharma bribes and blackmail … Read MORE
- Condo board warned owners of danger before Florida building collapse … and the high cost of fixing it … Read MORE
- Saskatoon Catholic Church promises to pay $25-million for residential school settlements – builds new $29-million cathedral … hires expensive mouth-pieces – now claims the $6-billion Catholic Church is broke … Read MORE
- Trudeau’s “Climate Barbie” “retires” … Read MORE … Barbies Ottawa seat would fit former Bank of England/Canada chief Mark Carney perfectly … there’ll probably be a big fat judicial appointment in it for Barbie – lets hope it’s not to the Supreme Court of Canada
- Biden is a Can-Doer not a pip-squeak mierda de toro merchant … he pays back Iranian meddling quickly and surgically … Read MORE
- 100+ Fahrenheit (40+ C) temperatures attack B.C. … Read MORE
- U.S. right-wing antivaxers stop cruise ships from warning you’re on a ship with dangerous fools … Read MORE
- Expert says building managers of collapsed condo tower “kicked the can down the road” before the disaster … Read MORE … Did town building inspector lie to residents??? … MORE
- Maybe aliens are visiting us … maybe they aren’t, mugwumps U.S. government … Read MORE
- Renegade B.C. natives burn two more Catholic churches … Read MORE
- Native korrectness kops want to fire Federal minister of native affairs for criticizing native MP … Read MORE … Do native politicians want to be totally above criticism?
- Geeks who designed Canadian military helicopter – forgot to warn helicopter crew of deadly autopilot – killed all six … Read MORE … Designers of aircraft controls must be pilots
- Canada Goose quits using fur … Read MORE
- U.S. will move collaborating Afghans to the U.S. … Read MORE
- Victoria may move its central library – it needs more space … Read MORE ,,, Why not have the B.C. government open up its space in the same building?
I’ll not be publishing the Eye-Opener for the next while (as long as it takes to go back to Calgary, go on a tremendous bender with all my old pals – head back to Victoria – dry out at the Glenshiel Hotel where I’ve stayed since 1905 – rejig the Eye-opener – it’ll run on Facebook and WordPress from now on. And you’ll be able to put your words up in our Letters to the Editor).
I’ve been getting an average of 100 hits a day – not enough to keep me in the way in which I’m accustomed. But The Eye-Opener will return.
I was born in 1860 – I’m no spring chicken but – on my return – I hope to get “circulation” up to 30,000 – what it used to be in the good old days.
Bob Edwards … Editor, The Eye-Opener
The other day the Old Timer from Pincher Creek asked me how I’d clean up election debates.
He asked the right guy. I was a member of the Canadian House of Commons and fought many an election battle – and often ignored the Marquis of Queensbury Rules.
Americans don’t force their presidential candidates to debate. Presidential candidates never did debate until the Kennedy/Nixon debates of 1960. Before 1960 an American law made all Presidential Debates illegal unless each and every candidate for president could attend – in 2020 1,222 candidates are running for president. The U.S. got rid of that law in 1960.
Most presidential candidates attend debates only because the U.S. public demands it. Most candidates try to avoid presidential debates because one slip of a candidates or his memory can lose he or she the election. Examples:
Here’s how Ronald Regan knocked out Fritz Mondale in 1984. Nixon’s five o’clock shadow lost him the 1960 election.
U.S. laws should force candidates to debate – under Robert’s Rules of Order and additions of Roberts and The Chief Justice of the United States should chair the debates. Candidates would stop interrupting, failing to stick to the point, lying.
Canadians should force Canadian party leaders and provincial leaders to appear in election debates before the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada and the top court of each province.
And judges should chair our parliament and the provincial legislatures for the same reasons they should chair election debates.
See U.S. Presidentail Debates – Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_debates
Even if Joseph Biden beats Donald Trump in the November 3 Election – there’s every indication Biden will – even then – will Trump give up the White House? NO! NO! NO! Taking the White House away from Trump is taking a bone away from a mad dog.
The demons of MEMEMEism and Don’t-Give-a-Damn invaded Trump’s mind many years ago. It’s impossible for Trump to give up something that belongs to him – in his sick mind – the White House belongs to him. He’ll try to keep it – by hook and by crook – he’s a psychopath – a crook. The Democrats and the U.S. Judiciary and the Republicans better have plans in place!!!
Scientific American: Eight Common Narcissist Lies – see https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/communication-success/201608/8-common-narcissist-lies
Famous narcissists – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:People_with_narcissistic_personality_disorder
Hitler was a narcissist -https://courses.lumenlearning.com/abnormalpsychology/chapter/narcissistic-personality-disorder-2/
The U.S.’s Most narcissistic presidents – https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/most-narcissistic-presidents-including-donald-trump.html/
Trump – Sociopath? – The Atlantic/2016 – https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/07/trump-and-sociopathy/491966/
Villains of History -https://www.livescience.com/13984-historys-notorious-elusive-bad-guys.html
Last July 74% of the citizens of B.C. wanted their government to force their peoples to wear masks. Fifty years ago – if “The Authorities” – social or political – told B.C. citizens that face masks could stop COVID-19 from spreading – the whole province would put them on. In those days Society banned free thinkers on health and slammed they and those who stunk of body odour (“B.O.”) and halitosis into Coventry.
Donald Trump has hit upon not wearing a mask as the greatest rallying cry for evil since Hitler found the swastika. Refusing to wear a mask has spread North.
Unless Government makes it plenty uncomfortable not to wear a mask and arrests resistors and puts them in jail, jackasses won’t wear masks. So governments must force – and force plenty hard – dimwits to wear masks..
Polls report that more Americans believe that Donald (Pinocchio) Trump – because he is a “businessman” -can handle the U.S. Economy better than can Joe Biden. Many media folk believe that, therefore, U.S. Republicans will try to fight the Presidential Election Campaign on the Economy and Democrats on Trump’s mismanagement of the Coronavirus. Master politician Lyndon B. Johnson used to say that the trouble with liberals was that they had no guts. If liberals (liberals dominate the Democratic Party) can’t fight the election on the Economy issue, then Johnson should have added that neither do liberals have brains nor eyes nor ears nor noses.
On his record, Donald Trump couldn’t manage a lemon-aide stand. Trump is a spoiled little rich boy whose grandfather Frederich successfully pimped in the Yukon 120 years ago. Donald Trump’s father was a smart, tough, mean home builder who found himself in the world’s most dynamic city during World War II and afterwards. He and his partner mother knew real estate management and development. That’s all Fred knew. He certainly did not know how to pick a successor – he picked his son Donald to succeed him. Fred – himself – always ran his business well and left an estate of close to Two Billion 20020 dollars.
After Fred became senile, Donald ended up running the company and ran it into the ground. With his daddy’s money, Donald bought into all sorts of silly corporate adventures – from gambling casinos to airlines to hotels and resorts. None of them succeeded – he bankrupted them all. In two words – Donald was no businessman. He went through six bankruptcies. American banks stopped loaning him money. The reason Donald Trump won’t release his tax returns is almost certainly because the returns will show that he blew the whole Trump fortune. (By the way, Donald Trump does not own present day “Trump” hotels and resorts – real businessmen own them – they only pay to use the Trump name.)
“Oh,” Donald Trump will say: “Look how well my economy was doing before the Coronavirus struck.” The truth is that – in 2008 – Trump’s predecessor, Obama, and the liberals’ present candidate for the Presidency – Joe Biden – inherited a U.S. economy bankrupted by the Republican Party. Obama (and Joe Biden) brought the U.S. Economy back and made it prosper and grow – Trump merely coasted on the Obama Economy – even though – under Trump – it didn’t grow like Obama’s had. And Trump’s handling of the Coronavirus further proves his inveterate incompetence.
Even Trump’s sister Maryanne (she used to write Donald’s High School exams for him) declared (on tape) that Donald was a complete washout and shouldn’t be President of the United States.
If the Democratic Party hasn’t the guts and brains to show Trump up as a business incompetent, there shouldn’t be a Democratic Party. And there won’t be a Democratic Party if Trump wins the November Election.
READ about Trump’s niece Mary’s book – Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man – about her incompetent, boorish uncle BY CLICKING HERE: https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2020/07/mary-trump-donald-trump-and-american-psyche/614251/ (You can buy the book through the Eye Opener – see Ad at right) … AND … READ Donald Trump’s Wikipedia biography: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump#Legal_affairs_and_bankruptcies
Ordinary Yankees are tired of snooty Political Correctness Commissars and their Korrectness Kops. “Guys” and “Gals” – words banned by the Kops – have bitten their tongues raw. The Kops will have none of “Easter eggs” – the eggs are now to be called “spring spheres”. The Kops have banned Santa’s “Ho, Ho, Ho” – it’ll offend “sex workers”. They’ve sent “fishermen” to the ocean depths. They’ve banned all history books using the terms “BC” (Before Christ) and “AD” (Anno Domini) – and they’ll burn at the stake any professor using either term – the prof can use only ‘Before Common Era’ / ‘After Common Era’. The Kops have banned Common Sense. Many hard-working Americans far from snooty American Universities – revolted – voted for a Nazi – Donald Trump – in 2016. They’re liable to do it again.
See more examples of Korrectness-Kopisms at https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2011/10/07/11-cases-of-political-correctness-gone-mad/
“Dogs never bite me,” said Marilyn Monroe. “Just humans.”
For over 100 years before Donald Tump, every U.S. President had owned a dog. A Trump fan offered Trump a golden-doodle pup. Trump – no dog lover – for once – was honest – said he’d be “a phoney” if he owned a dog – declined.
In 2017 “President” Trump refused to visit America’s war dead at a military cemetery in France – it was raining – he said – the rain would ruin his hairdo – anyway – the dead soldiers – who ordinary folks call “the Greatest Generation” – were nothing but “losers and suckers” – those losers and suckers said Winston Churchill – “will stand forth as the most unselfish and unsordid act in human history”. They saved the world from the likes of Trump.
America was – in my day – “the last best hope of humanity”. Those dead soldiers proved it. I think it still is but America must rid itself of this horrible “guttersnipe” as Churchill would have called him. I pray they will. Or America will sink into what Churchill called “the abyss of a new Dark Age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science”
Trump comes to it honestly – his grandfather was a draft-dodger – so was his father – so was he – his father hired a crooked doctor. The doctor concocted the tale that bone-spurs had invaded Trumps feet and exempted Trump him from the military draft – from having to serve – give up his life if necessary – for his country – “the last best hope of humanity”.
The soldiers stood for America the Beautiful. Trump stands for for America the Ugly. Pray folks. The Good Guys have got to win.
It’s universal and timeless. From time to time, fanatics turn up in every political party. They’re usually the hardest workers and are often mighty effective. They are attractive but fatally attractive. Someone has got to purge them and that someone has got to be strong. Franklin Delano Roosevelt wheedled Left-Wingers (the real bad ones) out of the U.S. Democratic Party in the 1930s. In Canada, Tommy Douglas purged the Saskatchewan NDP (then called the CCF) of Communists and then led North America’s first Socialist government. Ernest Manning purged Nazis out of the Social Credit Party in Alberta after William Aberhardt died. Even Hitler and Stalin had to liquidate hotheads more hotheaded than they.
Many – including I – thought the U.S. Democratic Party was headed to factional oblivion. We were wrong.